In order to keep myself accountable, I do several things: use aTimeLogger literally all the time, do one big thing every day, write in my journal and periodically revisit key life lessons. I’ve recently discovered the /now page movement and decided to do it myself, publicly stating my priorities and preoccupations for reasons of accountability and easier communication, but primarily in order to focus on the few things that matter the most to me (now). So, here’s me now:
Currently in Zagreb, Croatia. Really trying to focus on these few things at the expense of everything else.
- I’m learning Python. Doing practice programs, going through Learn Python the Hard Way, fooling around with some personal projects. Always wanted to be a hacker, read this thing, and it sorta clicked.
- I am training myself in rationality. I want to become less stupid and less wrong. This mostly includes reading books, articles and studies, but basically practicing the 12 virtues of rationality whenever I can (which is always).
- I am doing a marketing/sales internship at a small business consultant firm. This is for skill building so that I can earn to give effectively later in life, but also because the skills are transferable and generally useful. This also includes reading books: applied psychology, influence, marketing and sales.
- I am training MMA and Parkour. Wrestling, boxing, kicking; running, jumping, vaulting. I’m also doing some weight lifting and mobility.
- For money, I’m translating (English, French, Swedish, Croatian), and also teaching beginner level Swedish at a foreign language school.
As you can see, my /now page is 3/5 studying, 1/5 training and 1/5 earning to buy food and stuff (but hey, who needs food if you fast everyday). Things I want next but still haven’t put them on the top 5 priorities list (because I would then be too dispersed again OR because I am incapable in some way):
- build a muse business
- move to one of the following: Sweden, Denmark, Germany, New Zealand, USA, Canada
- experiment with nootropics
Some of my time simply goes to keeping my relations with people (and dog) I care about and some of my time goes to maintenance, cleaning, cooking, washing myself, meditating and so on. I’ll also occasionally play guitar or chess or a video game just to do something different with my brain. If you see me doing a lot of something that’s not prominent on this list, feel free to call me out on it.
Last updated on 15/10/2017.