In order to keep myself accountable, I do several things:
use aTimeLogger literally all the time (currently not doing this, but I may continue in the future), do one big thing every day, write in my journal and periodically revisit key life lessons. I’ve recently discovered the /now page movement and decided to do it myself, publicly stating my priorities and preoccupations for reasons of accountability and easier communication, but primarily in order to focus on the few things that matter the most to me (now). So, here’s me now:
I’m currently in Zagreb, Croatia.
- I work as a translator in my translation company. This pays the bills and gives me the freedom to learn about new, exciting things.
- I am focusing on getting better in BJJ. I train MMA at a local gym here, but I really want to get good at the grappling side of things. Not really that much into competing as just getting good at strangling people.
- I’m learning to program in Python. In general, I am trying to learn about IT stuff and computers because I’m looking to transition from translation to infosec. I already had some software engineering job interviews, so things are moving forward, albeit a bit slow (because of the fact that I learn on the side, while I’m not working).
- I’m going through basic, high-school mathematics. I want to make sure I have all the basics firmly in place before advancing to stuff like probability and decision theory. I didn’t focus on math that much in school so now I have to play catch-up.
- I am trying to become stronger and faster, and have more endurance and mobility. Weights, sprints, mini marathons, stretching. Because I don’t focus on Parkour that much anymore, but still want to retain the skills, I will try to incorporate climbing and jumping into this part.
Some of my time simply goes to keeping my relations with people (and dog) I care about and some of my time goes to maintenance, cleaning, cooking, washing myself, meditating and so on. I’ll also occasionally play guitar or chess or a video game just to do something different with my brain. If you see me doing a lot of something that’s not prominent on this list, feel free to call me out on it.
Last updated on 25 December 2018.